Door County Elopement | Run Away With Me

My little sister, quiet, a homebody, meticulously clean, her best friends are the golden girls, she types out her checkbook register, she's a minimalist, She reads classic novels over and over, and she hates shopping, yes, you've probably come to the conclusion she is my polar opposite. But we do have some things in common, a wonderful childhood spent with our cousins and lots of time at grandma and grandpas, our hours of playing barbies and little people, we both love movies and have the same sense of humor for sure. She has pretty much at times made me want to rip my hair out of my head and at others bailed me out of a tough spot. In the end, no matter what we are sisters and we were happy to be a part of this special day.

She and her fiance David (along with family) decided they should get the legalities out of the way before David is deployed in April. A courthouse ceremony wasn't in the cards, Shannon kept dragging her feet until we had a discussion about Door County. My family and I were going to Door County anyway, I had a wedding there on Saturday and we were staying for an extended getaway weekend. What better place to do this? My sister and I have a close relationship but its not easily visible, as stated above we don't look alike or really act alike or have the same hobbies or interests but we have a bond and I just know (without her telling me) she couldn't do this without me there (tears). So, her and I put this little ceremony together in less than 48 hours! We got some exciting vendors (See Links) on board and had a sweet little ceremony. Shannon and David are planning a full wedding in 2015 when David returns. I won't be taking any photos-I can't wait! ha ha 

I will keep this one short and sweet, because it was short and sweet, yes I LOVE photos but I wanted to take this one in, put the camera away and enjoy the day. After the ceremony we went to The Cookery and had a delicious meal and wine and listen to a live folk band called Highland Road (no website) and watched my little boys dance and steal the hearts of all the ladies. It was wonderful.

Our Cabin was so adorable, The Trillium Gap- My boys love to vacation just like we do, new places and see new things....
  storyboarded-8 storyboarded-7 They thought this big tub was so great! storyboarded-17 Were Aveda girls, Shannon found Details salon just up the road from us! storyboarded-14 storyboarded-15 My sister has never had her hair in an updo before, haha see how different we are? storyboarded-16 "Were ready for Aunties wedding"!! storyboarded-25 The first place I thought of was The Woodwalk Gallery, its one of my favorite places in Door County! storyboarded-13 storyboarded-12 storyboarded-27 storyboarded-3 storyboarded-22 storyboarded-5 storyboarded-9 storyboarded-4 storyboarded-21 storyboarded-23 storyboarded-24 storyboarded-6 storyboarded-10 So happy to be here with her ;) storyboarded-26 storyboarded-18 storyboarded-20 storyboarded-2 Other vendors:
Beautiful Bouquet by Helene at Flora
Dress, necklace & Grooms attire- J Crew
Amazing Chalkboard Sign-A La Crate Vintage Rentals
Shannon's Shoes- TOMS
Wisconsin Ring Bearer Pillow was her something borrowed- By Emily Steffen

1 comment:

  1. Love this...so sweet. After catching up with Shannon this summer I realize this was the perfect way for her and David to tie the knot. Very excited to celebrate with them in 2015.

    ReplyDelete