Irish Barn Wedding | One Frame Friday | Run with it | Whistling Straits Wedding

Happy Friday Friends. This weekend I have a Sunday wedding and I am so excited about it. I love to have a Saturday off once in a while. This year I actually have 3 Sunday Weddings, I bet right now a few people are scowling or grimacing at the idea. Why Sunday? 

Well, because my type of brides are planning a wedding about them. The bride and groom. Whatever dynamics that comes along with that. My type of wedding couples will get married on a Sunday because they found a venue they fell in love with and want it to be the backdrop of their very special day and because dancing the night away doesn't have to be on a Saturday night. 

My type of bride and grooms are focused on themselves and what they want. If they want Pie or cake, sit down meal or taco bar, short dresses, long dresses, tuxes or jeans, backyard party, beach, courthouse or fancy hotel ballroom, traditional church ceremony or elopement. Huge wedding party or no wedding party at all. the great thing about weddings these days is it can be anything you want it to be, anywhere, anytime.

Weddings can get out of hand. You get engaged you have a vision, it's probably pretty simple and focused on the two of you, then all of a sudden outside resources and opinions start to snowball. I know this because it happened to me. My very intimate DIY rustic wedding with 75 guests and wear again bridesmaids dresses turned into big fancy dresses, limos and 298 people. This happened because I listened too much and wanted to please everyone. I still love my wedding day, it will go down in history as one of my favorite days ever. But how many times do you hear couples say "if we could do it over again"....

Find your wedding vision, stick to it, make it about the two of you and no one else and then run with it. 

105C0880

No comments:

Post a Comment